Sunday 11 April 2010

BLERGH!!

Stress just isn't fun. At all. Today is the last rehearsal of our amateurish Hamlet play and the premiere is on Wednesday, so I'm near hyperventilation at this point... I'm just glad it's finally spring and most of the snow is gone. But now it's wet.
          
"The river's running fast right now
It's the time of year the water cleanses itself
Running wild, but always in control
And now's the time to sever the ties
To habits that we can't discuss by trying to sell"
(Silverstein - Love with Caution)

Quote of the day sounds better, but I'm not gonna write in this daily, so quote of the entry will have to do...

I went to see a blog I heard about in some magazine. Written by a 12(?) year-old fashion guru, Tavi. I just stared, Seriously, she wrote something like "Boohoo, why does everyone like Tim Burton? I want to like him, but I can't because other people do! It's the same thing with The Beatles, I thought it was very indie, but it's not! I was supposed to be original and indie and different!" She's fucking 12! Yeah, it's good to be interested in something, but this? And I know she's the inspiration of some clothing line (based on what I saw of some shirts, I'd never wear them) but world-wide fame at that age because of a fashion blog? And high-fashion clothes aren't cheap (daddy pays, anyone?) so sooner or later someone's wallet gets anorexia. Or Tavi if she doesn't watch it.

Now that I've got my rant out of the way, I suppose I'll close this up 'till the next time I have something to write here....

No comments:

Post a Comment