Monday 28 June 2010

Jupiter is known for crazy potato chips and dangerous jungles

Listening to: Sugarcult - Memory (acoustic)
   
    I got in. I've done all my gloating already, so I don't have to do it again here. Okki went off to Protu yesterday. And my headphones broke. I have some guaranty left, but I can't find the receipt anywhere. Figures. Well, I have my back-up headphones, but there's a reason to the back-up part of the name. But I'll survive until I either find the receipt or get new headphones.

    I stole the idea of "listening to" from Shawn Milke, singer/guitarist of the band  Alesana. I just read a series of blogs he wrote last winter for Revolver Magazine.
He had all kinds of countdowns of the best films, foods, movies etc, most embarrassing moments on stage and so on. He also wrote a story to their official site where he changed some things:

"1. Paul Minske:  noun. Me (played by Josh Hartnett)
2. Machete:  noun. Guitar
3. The jungle: noun. The stage
4. The Oneders: noun. Alesana
5. Jupiter: noun. Michigan
6. Potato chips: noun. Crowd of people"


True story of when he did a guitar (Machete) swing and hit himself on the face. He comleted the show despite the mass of blood, of course. Then he cleaned his face with baby wipes and closed the wound with super-glue. Idiot. Thought he did remind everyone not to try it on themselves.

"OK, I know, this story is ridiculous, but I’m trying to make a point. Life is full of challenges, both big and small; waking up in the morning after getting no sleep, running a marathon with a stomach cramp, getting the last bit of toothpaste out of the tube, driving in the snow, changing the channel when American Idol is on, finishing the calzone at Pagliacci Pizza in Seattle. The world of art, whether it be music or writing, drawing or filmmaking, is no different. Writer’s block is awful. But does that mean it has to win every time? The trick is finding another way into the building, so to speak. If the front door is locked, try the back door. If the back door is bolted shut, find a window. The only time we lose is when we give up."

   Yes, the whole thing was about writer's block. But I have to give it to him, talking about the crowd as "potato chips" and still making the story interesting instead of retarded. So, inspired by him, I'll make my own countdown of my 5 favorite bands in the world at the moment:

5. Papa Roach
4. The Used
3. Paramore
2. Asking Alexandria
1. Alesana

   Alesana has been on the top for a long time, and that is the only part of my countdown that doesn't change every week or so.

  Oh, yeah. I have a Twitter now. My username is HelmiMeriTuuli.
The www for "THE ADVENTURES OF PAUL MINSKE STARRING ME NOT ME" here: http://www.alesanaofficial.com/news/7851

No comments:

Post a Comment